Drawing charts in Qt

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Tue Nov 6 11:08:41 EST 2007

On Tue Nov 6 15:46:07 CET 2007, Michel Albert wrote:

[PyQwt and matplotlib]

> PyQwt looks much more interesting, but I have trouble installing it.
> On my machine it complains that sipconfig "has no attribute
> '_pkg_config'".

Is the configuration script finding the sipconfig file for SIP 3 or SIP 4?

> In the end the application should also run on Windows boxes. And I
> suppose as long as I use the right versions and use the precompiled
> binaries, I should get it at least installed. But the thing with the
> version numbers looks like some major lottery game to me. If one of
> the elements in the chain (be it Qt, or Qwt) release new versions and
> the available binary distributions get "out of sync", future support
> for the written application becomes foggy.

I'm not sure what you mean. Can you explain?

> Has anyone ever successfully used these graphing libraries with PyQt?
> Or are there other graphing libraries available? In fact, my needs are
> modest. A Line- and Bar-Chart would solve the majority of problems.

I've installed PyQwt for PyQt4 and tried the examples, but only out of
curiosity because I wasn't writing an application that needed those
facilities at the time.

David