difference between IDLE and command line

Tal Einat tal.no.no.spam at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 11:00:45 EDT 2007

Jim Hendricks wrote:
> I have been editing my code in UltraEdit then testing in IDLE by
> choosing open, then F5.  I didn't see an easy way to refresh in IDLE, so
> each edit I've been closing the file (not IDLE itself), then opening
> again.  Since IDLE does not keep track of what directory I last opened
> from, this gets tedious, so I decided to run my code from the command line.

Tip: IDLE has a recent files list, under the File menu. Use Alt-f Alt-
r to access it quickly.

Tip #2: You can run a script in IDLE from the command line: IDLE -r
<script file>. This will open an IDLE shell, run the script in it, and
afterwards become interactive. Very useful for debugging etc.

- Tal
reduce(lambda m,x:[m[i]+s[-1] for i,s in enumerate(sorted(m))],
      [[chr(154-ord(c)) for c in '.&-&,l.Z95193+179-']]*18)[3]