python at command prompt

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Thu Nov 1 14:23:53 EDT 2007

>> [1]http://www.imladris.com/Scripts/PythonForWindows.html
>
> I set the pythonpath to where the python interpreter is located C:
> \Python24
> However I still get the same error message. Is there something else
> that must be configured?

Make sure you're setting your PATH, not your PYTHONPATH variable.

 From your command-prompt, issue

   c:\test\> path

to see what your current path is.  You _should_ see your
python2.x\bin folder in there.  If not, are you re-using the same
command-prompt window?  I vaguely remember that it requires you
to close the cmd window and open a new one to pick up the new
environment-variable changes.

Alternatively, if you don't want to lose history in that
particular window, you can update your path for that particular
window using

   c:\test\> set path=%PATH%;c:\progra~1\python2.4\bin

or whatever your path is.

-tkc