http question

steven depret stevendepret at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 8 11:02:59 EST 2007

hello there,

a question that keeps me puzzled for some time now:

basically i want to fetch the output from an http page. The page exists out of an input field and a button to calculate my data.

The problem is that I simply cannot get my hands on the output, but only on the page itself.

Image that the following URL ( http://10.10.10.10:8765/?command=foo&inputfield=bar ) gives as result :

a = xx

b = yy

My intention is to fetch the output so that I can play with it.

this is what I do :

import httplib

connection = httplib.HTTPConnection('10.10.10.10:8765')

connection.request('POST', 'command=foo', 'inputfield=bar')

response = connection.getresponse()

output = response.read()

print output

I get a lot of stuff in my output, but simply NOT the a=xx and the b = yy.

What the heck am I doing wrong ?