Using Python To Change The World :)

Guilherme Polo ggpolo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 22:21:51 EST 2007

2007/11/14, dominiquevalentine at gmail.com <dominiquevalentine at gmail.com>:
> Hello, I'm a teen trying to do my part in improving the world, and me
> and my pal came up with some concepts to improve the transportation
> system.
>
> I have googled up and down for examples of using python to create a
> city street but I can not find any.
>
> my objective is to replicate a section of los angeles using python,
> and program the street lights and cars and whatnot. Should I be
> looking towards 3D to do this?
>
> so here is MY question:
> how would you replicate a street intersection in python? and
> furthermore, how would you do you have the cars move up and down those
> "streets".
>
> my question to YOU is:
> can you point me in the right direction? I will search on my own, but
> I would greatly appreciate any help :)
>
> and if anyone is interested in learning more about this project (we've
> got some nifty things planned), or if you wanna help, give a shout ;]
>
> --

It seems you are looking something to build an user interface. You
could do such thing in tkinter, for example. You would "move" cars by
redrawing them in other positions after time.

But besides doing these drawings, you will be doing a lot of math to
improve the transportation system. The drawings will be just a
representation of what you calculate, I dont see why it would be
important to do it in 3d right now.

--
-- Guilherme H. Polo Goncalves