Outbound HTML Authentication

Mudcat mnations at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 15:22:34 EST 2007

Hi,

I was trying to do a simple web scraping tool, but the network they
use at work does some type of internal authentication before it lets
the request out of the network. As a result I'm getting the '401 -
Authentication Error' from the application.

I know when I use a web browser or other application that it uses the
information from my Windows AD to validate my user before it accesses
a website. I'm constantly getting asked to enter in this info before I
use Firefox, and I assume that IE picks it up automatically.

However I'm not sure how to tell the request that I'm building in my
python script to either use the info in my AD account or enter in my
user/pass automatically.

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks