(MAC) CoreGraphics module???

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 13:07:26 EST 2007

David C. Ullrich wrote:
> On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 15:56:21 -0600, Robert Kern
> <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> David C. Ullrich wrote:

>>> Um, surely that doesn't mean that there's no CoreGraphics
>>> available in 10.5?
>> The CoreGraphics C library still exists, of course. The Python module they
>> provided does not.
>
> Right - I was referring to the Python module.
>
> Why would they do such a thing? (Never mind, I don't
> imagine you know.)

Apple was using it in their fax software. I'm not sure they ever intended it to
be used by people external to Apple, though. They certainly never documented it.
I imagine they are no longer using it in their fax software.

> Hmm, I saw somewhere the other day that PyObjC comes with 10.5.
> Maybe that means there's no longer any point to a separate
> CoreGraphics.py?

No, they're different things. PyObjC does wrap a Cocoa drawing API, but that API
does not cover nearly as much of the CoreGraphics API as CoreGraphics.py did.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco