What is python?????

mensanator at aol.com mensanator at aol.com
Fri Nov 16 14:16:24 EST 2007

On Nov 16, 8:14 am, Thorsten Kampe <thors... at thorstenkampe.de> wrote:
> * Cope (Fri, 16 Nov 2007 06:09:31 -0800 (PST))
>
> > please tell me what is python.This group is so crowded.
>
> A Python is dangerous snake[1]. This group here mainly consists of
> misguided snake worshippers. You'd better run before they come to your
> place...
>
> Thorsten
> [1]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythonidae

Don't listen to him, he was joking.

"Python" is short for "Monty Python's Flying Circus",
a British television comedy originally from 1969-1971
(although movies, records, books and Broadway shows
continue to the present). Read the documention,
you'll see numerous references to spam (used in one
of their famous routines) and other Pythonisms.

Anyway, all the posting in this group is comedy.
If you aren't getting it, run out and buy and study
all the DVD's. When you've reached the point where
you have The Argument Clinic dialogue memorized,
come back here and all this will make sense.

Just be careful, some of the Python routines aren't
SUPPOSED to make sense ("cabbage crates over the how's
your father"), that's the joke.