A few questions

jay jyoung79 at kc.rr.com
Sun May 20 23:52:03 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm totally new to Python and was hoping someone might be able to
answer a few questions for me:

1.  What are your views about Python vs Perl?  Do you see one as
better than the other?

2.  Is there a good book to start with while learning Python?  I'm
currently reading 'Python Essential Reference' by David M. Beazley.
So far it looks like a pretty good book, but would like more
tutorials to work with (I've also been reading through the tutorials
at 'python.org' which has some excellent stuff!).

3.  Currently, I write most of my code with Xcode (on the Mac
platform) using Applescript.  This gives me GUI capabilities.  Is
there anything you'd recommend that I could use for Python that would
give me a GUI interface?  I'd like this to be able to work for both
the Mac and Windows platforms.  I've been reading a little about
'Claro Graphics Toolkit' and 'PyGUI'... would you recommend either of
those?  I'll be writing code on a Mac so I need something that will
run on that system.

Thanks for looking at my questions.

Jay