Comparing bitmap images for differences?

lanwrangler at gmail.com lanwrangler at gmail.com
Wed May 2 05:48:15 EDT 2007

On May 1, 7:15 pm, "3c273" <nos... at nospam.com> wrote:
> This might get you started.http://tinyurl.com/7qexl

Wow, I thought briefly along those lines but then thought "No, it
can't possibly be that easy" :-)  It looks like the approach given in
that link could benefit hugely from using numpy to treat the bitmaps
as arrays to speed up processing but that should be pretty
straightforward.  I'll give it a try as-is and then look at
optimisation if required.  Saying that, and thinking about the itch
I'm trying to scratch here, I think I could also safely ignore the
borders of the image so that would reduce the processing requirements
anyway.  Add in a FIFO file buffer so I can do pre/post-event image
capture plus a spot of SMTP mail alerting and the job's done!

Thanks again.
  Matthew.