python shell/Intermediate Python tools.

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.us
Mon May 21 19:43:31 EDT 2007

In article <1179659540.663784.228420 at y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
Paddy  <paddy3118 at googlemail.com> wrote:
			.
>Sometimes you have to mess with the case of letters in wiki pages
>which is the case here, but I did actually cut-n-paste the address
>from Wikipedia as I like to look at the page from time to time as,
>like yourself, I think doctest shows the true spirit of what is
>Pythonic, and created the page when I found Wikipedia did not have it.
So *you* were the one!  Nice work--that is, I think
we agree (despite my erratic spelling) that doctest
deserves plenty of attention, and a Wiki page is a
nice place to collect miscellaneous details.
			.
			.
			.
>The other Python tool I am apt to carp on about is Kodos
>http://kodos.sourceforge.net/ .
>Kodos is a great tool for those new to reguar expressions. It allows
>you to test your regular expressions on snippets of text and gives
>great visual feedback on the results. After over a decade of writing
>regexps I still use Kodos occasionally, and wish I had such a tool a
>decade ago.
Thanks for the tip.  You might have an interest in
			.
			.
			.
I've sent copies of this follow-up both to Paddy and,
on the chance that the URL will serve others, to
comp.lang.python.