(Modular-)Application Framework / Rich-Client-Platform in Python

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Fri May 18 06:43:17 EDT 2007

Wildemar Wildenburger <wildemar at freakmail.de> writes:

> Thanks for the effort, but I think I'm not well understood. I'm not
> looking for a GUI framework (which, by the way, is most likely to be
> wxPython), but for a pure plugin architecture. A
> rich-client-platform, as it is sometimes called. Nothing specific
> about anythin in particular, just something that runs plugins. Like
> Eclipse does these days.

I've never used Eclipse (beyond proving that it runs on various
computers). Can you please describe what behaviour you're looking for?

"Just runs plugins" is very vague, and would seem to be satisfied on
the face of it by loading Python modules. If there's something more
specific, you'll have to specify.

--
 \          "I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a |
  `\    king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some |