matplotlib problem

Steffen Oschatz Steffen.Oschatz at googlemail.com
Thu May 10 06:52:45 EDT 2007

On 10 Mai, 10:31, redcic <cedric.lou... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've got a question regarding matplotlib. I use the command:
> pylab.plot(...)
> to create a graph.
> Then, the execution of the code stops after the line:
> pylab.show()
> which is off course the last line of my code.
>
> My problem is that I have to close the figure window before in order
> to finish the execution of my code.
> I'd like to be able to launch my program other times with different
> parameters without having to close the figure windows before each
> launch.
> Just so you know, I'm using TkAgg backend and the SciTE editor.
>
> Following the answer I was given in the thread:http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/thread/...
> I set "interactive : True" in matplotlibrc.
> I also tried the other things I had been advised to do but I still
> have the same problem.
>
> Any other idea ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Cédric

Use ipython (http://ipython.scipy.org/moin/) :

<snip>

IPython accepts the special option -pylab (Sec. 5.2). This configures
it to support matplotlib, honoring the settings in the .matplotlibrc
file. IPython will detect the user's choice of matplotlib GUI backend,
and automatically select the proper threading model to prevent
blocking. It also sets matplotlib in interactive mode and modifies
%run slightly, so that any matplotlib-based script can be executed
using %run and the final show() command does not block the interactive
shell.

</snip>

Steffen