invoke user's standard mail client

luc.saffre at gmail.com luc.saffre at gmail.com
Mon May 7 17:00:06 EDT 2007

On May 7, 10:28 am, "Gabriel Genellina" <gagsl-... at yahoo.com.ar>
wrote:

> Get the pywin32 package (Python for Windows extensions) from sourceforge,
> install it, and look into the win32comext\mapi\demos directory.

Thanks for the hint, Gabriel.
Wow, that's heavily spiced code! When I invoke mapisend.py I get:

  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "mapisend1.py", line 85, in <module>
      SendEMAPIMail(SendSubject, SendMessage, SendTo,
MAPIProfile=MAPIProfile)
    File "mapisend1.py", line 23, in SendEMAPIMail
      mapi.MAPIInitialize(None)
  pywintypes.com_error: (-2147467259, 'Unspecified error', None, None)

But what is a MAPI profile? I left this variable blank. Do I need MS
Exchange Server to run this demo?