invoke user's standard mail client

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon May 7 03:28:42 EDT 2007

En Mon, 07 May 2007 01:52:18 -0300, luc.saffre at gmail.com
<luc.saffre at gmail.com> escribió:

> On May 6, 9:50 am, "Gabriel Genellina" <gagsl-... at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:

>> On Windows you can use MAPI.
> But how? I could not find any starting point.
Get the pywin32 package (Python for Windows extensions) from sourceforge,
install it, and look into the win32comext\mapi\demos directory.

> I found examples about sending mail directly, which gives me the
> impression that MAPI is just Microsoft's version of SMTP. This is not
> what I need. I need the user's client to start, so that the user may
> edit the message and decide herself whether she clicks on the Send
> button to really send it.

No, it should launch the email client (Outlook Express by example) and let
the user confirm it. I think there were some flags to suppress the GUI or
the confirmation, but they're not honored anymore, I presume. At least
Eudora warns the user on such attempts.

--
Gabriel Genellina