Python on Vista installation issues

Chris Gonnerman chris at newcenturycomputers.net
Tue May 22 10:18:39 EDT 2007

I'm having errors installing Python extensions on Vista.  I'm running
Python 2.5, and every extension install produces "cannot create"
errors.  For instance, win32all 210 says:

Could Not Create: pywin32-py2.5
Could Not Set Key Value: Python 2.5 pywin32-210
Could Not Set Key Value: (followed by the uninstaller command)

Other extensions produce similar errors.  I haven't thoroughly tested
this system yet, so I don't know if any of this is really causing a
problem.  Can anyone tell me how to fix or avoid this problem?