need help with python

BartlebyScrivener bscrivener42 at gmail.com
Sun May 13 14:03:20 EDT 2007

On May 13, 10:10 am, adamur... at hotmail.com wrote:

> That is one of my problems, I don't know exactly how the whole command
> line thing works.

That's why I pointed you to the link. The ActiveState distribution
will automatically add the correct paths to your environment and tell
Windows that .py files are executable Python files and so on.

Get ActiveState installed. Get comfortable with the Python IDE.

Then follow the instructions in Alan Gauld's tutorial.

http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/alan.gauld/

Especially, in your case, the GETTING STARTED section, which includes
a subsection called "The Windows Command Prompt"

rd