ten small Python programs

Stef Mientki S.Mientki-nospam at mailbox.kun.nl
Mon May 28 11:43:14 EDT 2007

Steve Howell wrote:
> I've always thought that the best way to introduce new
> programmers to Python is to show them small code
> examples.

This is really a nice piece of missing Python.

Sorry I didn't follow this thread accurately,
but have you considered to produce an example environment like in wxPython ?

The wxPython demo program is written as an interactive tutorial,
with a few hundred examples, nicely ordered in groups.
The user can view the demo, the code and the help text.
The user can also change the code and see the results right away.

It would even be nicer, if everybody could drop her/his examples
in a standard way, so they would be automatically incorporated in
something like the wxPython interactive demo.

cheers,
Stef Mientki