Replacement for HTMLGen?

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Fri May 4 02:19:58 EDT 2007

"Joshua J. Kugler" <joshua at eeinternet.com> wrote:

>I realize that in today's MVC-everything world, the mere mention of
>generating HTML in the script is near heresy, but for now, it's what I ened
>to do. :)
>
>That said, can someone recommend a good replacement for HTMLGen?

I used to be a huge fan of HTMLgen.  I built a couple of web sites on them,
still in use 7 years later.  However, in the time since then, I have come
to believe that templating is a better answer.

Now, the simple truth is that you need to use the scheme that makes sense
to you.  For me, templating (Cheetah is my favorite,
www.cheetahtemplate.org) makes more sense than building the page bit by bit
in Python code, and the separation of function and presentation makes
things easier to maintain.

In my opinion, of course.  ;)
Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.