gui application on cross platform

Etienne Hilson etienne.hilson at gmail.com
Tue May 29 02:27:16 EDT 2007

> > james_027 wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am using delphi to develop gui application, and wish to make a shift
> > > to python. here are some of my question/concern...
> > >
> > > 1. is python develop gui application a cross platform? just like java
> > > swing?

My first programming language was Delphi, and (after having to work
several years with java), I had to restart programming, but only for
my little home purpose (educatives for my children).
I dive into python and I love it !
In a couple of days, I did a little program to manage and launch the
roms of some console emulators with screenshots.
I develop it and use it on my laptop on Gentoo linux, and run it on
the windows desktop of my children. NO line has to be modified between
the os, it is fantastic !
I use simple python for console text apps, wxPython for management
graphical applications, and pygame for some little full of sprites
games :-)

--
(\__/)
(='.'=)          Ceci est un petit lapin. Copiez/collez-le dans