List Moderator

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat May 19 16:05:48 EDT 2007

On 19/05/07, Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:
> I'm sorry, but you have no idea what you are talking about. Most of what
> can be done *is* being done, which is why you see the relatively low
> spam volumes you do.

I hope that I don't. I receive no less than 700 spams a day to my
regular address (not gmail, which I use for mailing lists), but then
again I've only twice gone over 2000 spams in a single day. I can only
imagine the efforts used to keep the list clean. Maybe spamassasin, a
few hundred procmail filters, and a last swipe with bogofilter for
good measure?

I don't mean to be pushy, but every day I add another procmail filter
based upon what's been getting through (and they still do, I try to
err on 'false negative'). Four filters "britney", "spears", "boobs"
and "tits" would show the spammers that the moderators are serious
about keeping this list clean.

I'll go back to reading and not writing now, at least until I get to
the point where either I feel that I can contribute, or until I get
myself real stuck.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/252/heaven_17.html
http://what-is-what.com/what_is/operating_system.html