Using PIL to find separator pages

Larry Bates larry.bates at websafe.com
Thu May 31 13:01:25 EDT 2007

I have a project that I wanted to solicit some advice
on from this group.  I have millions of pages of scanned
documents with each page in and individual .JPG file.
When the documents were scanned the people that did
the scanning put a colored (hot pink) separator page
between the individual documents.  I was wondering if
there was any way to utilize PIL to scan through the
individual files, look at some small section on the
page, and determine if it is a separator page by
somehow comparing the color to the separator page
color?  I realize that this would be some sort of
percentage match where 100% would be a perfect match
and any number lower would indicate that it was less
likely that it was a coverpage.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or advice.

Regards,
Larry Bates