PEP 3131: Supporting Non-ASCII Identifiers

Pierre Hanser hanser at club-internet.fr
Wed May 16 01:55:26 EDT 2007

rurpy at yahoo.com a écrit :
> On May 15, 3:28 pm, René Fleschenberg <r... at korteklippe.de> wrote:
>> We all know what the PEP is about (we can read). The point is: If we do
>> not *need* non-English/ASCII identifiers, we do not need the PEP. If the
>> PEP does not solve an actual *problem* and still introduces some
>> potential for *new* problems, it should be rejected. So far, the
>> "problem" seems to just not exist. The burden of proof is on those who
>> support the PEP.

it *does* solve a huge problem: i have to use degenerate french, with
orthographic mistakes, or select in a small subset of words to use
only ascii. I'm limited in my expression, and I ressent this
everyday!

This is true, even if commercial french programmers don't object
the pep because they have to use english in their own work. This
is something i really cannot understand.

it's a problem of everyday, for million people!

and yes sometimes i publish code (rarely), even if it uses french
identifiers, because someone looking after a real solution *does*
prefer an existing solution than nothing.

--
	Pierre