SOAPpy My Class

Robert Rawlins - Think Blue robert.rawlins at thinkbluemedia.co.uk
Mon May 21 06:30:57 EDT 2007

Hello Chaps,

I've used SOAPpy in its very basic form for consuming web services on my web
server, but I'm now looking to publish a web service from my application.
Basically I'm looking to create a public 'proxy' of an object I have in the
application. The idea being that my application will be able to use the
instance of the object, and other applications will also be able to access
this same object, using the web service.

I've got my object built, and it has a few basic functions inside of it,
most of them just serving as wrappers for other simple python functions,
working on dicts and lists. What's the best way to go about publishing a web
service that calls on that instance?

I've done simple publishing of services in a standard script before, but
I've not worked on this idea of publishing a public facade for an existing
class.

Thanks,

Rob