Help with PySMS

DJ Fadereu fadereu at gmail.com
Sun May 27 07:11:25 EDT 2007

Hello -

Background:

I'm not a coder, but I got a degree in Chem Engg about 7 years ago. I
have done some
coding in my life, and I'm only beginning to pick up Python. So assume
that I'm very stupid
when and if you are kind enough to help me out.

Problem:

I need an SMS server running on my WinXP PC, as soon as possible. I'm
currently using a Nokia 6300 phone which has the S60 platform. I
downloaded the PySMS by Dave Berkeley from
http://www.wordhord.co.uk/pysms.html and started testing it, but I
haven't been able to get it working. Maybe I don't know how to do some
configurations before using it, I dunno. I'm pretty lost.

Do I need to tweak Nokia.ini? What ports am I supposed to use? Can
anybody tell me a step-by-step way of setting up and getting this
thing running?

I don't have enough to pay for this information, or I would gladly
shell out some cash. But I can bet that I'll be able to help you out
with something or the other in the future, if not money. And I am
willing to negotiate a portion of royalties if I make any money off
this project. My project is very simple - I will use incoming SMS to
generate a visualisation and automatic responder. This system will be
part of a multiplayer game that lots of people can play using SMS.

cheers,
DJ Fadereu
http://www.algomantra.com