PEP 3131: Supporting Non-ASCII Identifiers

Gregor Horvath gh at gregor-horvath.com
Fri May 18 13:32:23 EDT 2007

Paul Boddie schrieb:

> Perhaps, but the treatment by your mail/news software plus the
> delightful Google Groups of the original text (which seemed intact in
> the original, although I don't have the fonts for the content) would
> suggest that not just social or cultural issues would be involved.

I do not see the point.
If my editor or newsreader does display the text correctly or not is no
difference for me, since I do not understand a word of it anyway. It's a
meaningless stream of bits for me.
It's save to assume that for people who are finding this meaningful
their setup will display it correctly. Otherwise they could not work
with their computer anyway.

Until now I did not find a single Computer in my German domain who
cannot display: ß.

Gregor