how to use Dispatch to open an application in win32com.client

Peter Fischer peter_7003 at yahoo.com
Wed May 2 13:36:33 EDT 2007

Hello,

I also use the COM API via python to dispatch an application. My
problem now is that I want to dispatch a second instance of this
application (Google Earth by the way). But when I invoke dispatch
the second time, nothing happens although using another variable to
store the returned value:

GE_1 =  win32com.client.Dispatch("GoogleEarth.ApplicationGE")

GE_2 =  win32com.client.Dispatch("GoogleEarth.ApplicationGE")

(import and while not .IsInitialized() statements omitted for brevity)

Does anyone know how to start a second, third, and so on, instance of
the application?

You would help me very much since I am new to this and have no clue
where to look at documentation for that.

Best regards,

Peter.