how to use Dispatch to open an application in win32com.client

Peter Fischer peter_7003 at yahoo.com
Thu May 3 04:35:47 EDT 2007

Hello Tim,

Thank you for your answer. I just tried, but it didn't work. The reason seems to
be that Google Earth prevents a second instance to run on the same machine.
Maybe for licensing reasons (do you know whether it is legal to bypass this
and how to do this?). So that is no python/COM problem. However, now I will try
to run the two instances on separate machines and to synchronize them via
network. Do you know how to start a second instance on a second machine over the
network in python/COM (DCOM)? Is this possible directly with the win32com
package in python or do I have to install an additional package?

You would greatly help me with an answer,

best regards,

Peter.

Tim Golden <mail at timgolden.me.uk> wrote:Suspect you want win32com.client.DispatchEx which, among
other things, starts a separate instance of the app. (Or
whatever they call the things in COMspeak).

GE_n = win32com.client.DispatchEx ("GoogleEarth.ApplicationGE")

TJG