zipfile [module and file format, both] stupidly broken

Thorsten Kampe thorsten at thorstenkampe.de
Sun May 20 10:38:00 EDT 2007

* Gabriel Genellina (Sat, 19 May 2007 18:09:06 -0300)
> En Sat, 19 May 2007 14:00:01 -0300, Martin Maney <maney at two14.net>
> escribió:
> > BTW, thanks for the pointer someone else gave to the proper place for
> > posting bugs.  I'd had the silly idea that I would be able to find that
> > easily at www.python.org, but if I had then I'd not have posted here
> > and had so much fun.
>
> My microwave oven doesn't work very well, it's rather new and I want it
> fixed. I take the manual, go to the last pages, and find how to contact
> the factory.
> A module in the Python Standard Library has a bug. I take the Python
> Library Reference manual, go to the last pages (Appendix B), and find how
> to properly report a bug.

Don't be silly. Where would you look for the URL to report bugs? On
the website of the project, of course. It's not that easy to find on
python.org (although not as hard as Martin says):

Core Development > Links for Developers > Bug Manager or

About > Help > Got a Python problem or question? > Python Bug Tracker

Both ways are kind of misleading (or non-intuitive) as you do not want
to engage in Core Development to report a bug. Lots of good projects
have a prominent link on their website (start page) how to report
bugs. Python hasn't.

Thorsten