PEP 3131: Supporting Non-ASCII Identifiers

Raffaele Salmaso raffaele.salmaso at gmail.com
Wed May 16 03:46:24 EDT 2007

After reading all thread, and based on my experience (I'm italian,
english is not my native language)

Martin v. Löwis wrote:

> - should non-ASCII identifiers be supported?
yes
> - why?
Years ago I've read C code written by a turkish guy, and all identifiers
were transliteration of arab (persian? don't know) words.
What I've understand of this code? Nothing. 0 (zero ;) ). Not a word.
It would have been different if it was used unicode identifiers? Not at all.

> - would you use them if it was possible to do so?
yes

--
()_() | NN KAPISCO XK' CELLHAVETE T'ANNTO CN ME SL         | +----
(o.o) | XK' SKRIVO 1 P'HO VELLOCE MA HALL'ORA DITTELO      | +---+