getmtime differs between Py2.5 and Py2.4

Josef Dalcolmo Josef.Dalcolmo at gmx.net
Tue May 8 10:07:37 EDT 2007

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
>> the difference (rounding to an int number of seconds) is just about one
>> hour; in certain parts of the world (Europe and Africa), that could
>> indeed be a timezone issue.
>
> With the help of Tony Meyer, we rediscovered the explanation: because
> of a bug in the Microsoft C run-time library, the UTC time reported by
> 2.4 may have been off by one hour (it wasn't local time - just off
> by one hour). This was due to DST issues. They have been fixed in 2.5,
> which now reports the correct UTC value.
>
> Regards,
> Martin

Well, indeed I got only a 1 hour difference, on my machine (local time
here is +1 hour). But when I temporarily set the local time of my
machine to GMT I the difference became 0, therefore I assumed wrongly it
had something to do with the local time difference.

Thanks to everyone helping to clarify this. My response was slow,
because I have been experiencing problems with my newsreader setup.

- Josef