getmtime differs between Py2.5 and Py2.4

Joe Salmeri JoeSalmeri at hotmail.com
Thu May 31 20:36:33 EDT 2007

Hi Martin,

Please see my response to Tony Meyer titled "Python 2.5.1 broke os.stat
module"

I provide a sample program that demonstrates that the results that are
produced by the Python 2.4.2 os.stat module ALWAYS match the results that
Windows Explorer displays as well as the results of the dir /tc, dir /ta,
and dir /tw commands.

When you run that sample program using Python 2.5.1 the results that it
produces do NOT match what Windows returns.  In my small sample test the
Python 2.5.1 os.stat results were wrong more than 50% of the time.

I can see that you guys have already spent alot of time investigating this
but surely the results should match what Windows Explorer says or what the
dir command returns???

Unless you are saying that a fully patched Windows XP SP2 + WindowsUpdates
system is using that broken Microsoft c runtime library which is causing
Explorer and cmd.exe to return incorrect results.

Even if that was the case, it would not explain how when I manually set the
3 timestamps for a file to 01/02/2003 12:34:56 that Windows and Python 2.4.2
display the correct date and time but Python 2.5.1 displays the wrong one.

Thanks for your assistance.

Joe

news:46401FDC.4010705 at v.loewis.de...