c[:]()

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu May 31 22:07:44 EDT 2007

Warren Stringer wrote:
>>> What?!? I started this thread.
>>>
>> No you didn't. Your original post was a reply to a message whose subject
>> line was 'Re: "is" and ==', and included the header

> You're right, thanks.

>> that

> In my opinion, it is better to ask me directly what I think than to assume
> what I am thinking. Describing a situation in second person -- using "you"
> -- tends to have more interpretation than fact. When the interpretation is
> wrong, the person who is at the receiving end of that "you" may be compelled
> to reply. Sometimes that correction includes another "you"; interpretation
> spawns interpretation -- soon, facts are replaced by projectiles.

Well I don't think there's much chance of that here. Please accept my
apologies if I misunderstood you.

>>> In summation:
>>> 	I started this thread asking why c[:]() wouldn't work
>>> 	I did not hijack another thread
>>> 	I posted working examples (with one typo, not quoted here)
>>> 	I am extremely annoyed by this post
>>>
>>> Tis best not to assume what other people are thinking
>>>
>> Probably best not to try to help them too, if this is the response.
>
> I do appreciate your help. Responding on topic helps. Negative feedback
> regarding typos helps. And, your statement:
>
> 	> Perhaps you didn't express yourself too clearly.
>
> makes me feel all warm and fuzzy like ... why thank you!

Well clearly I'd rather you were responsible for the miscommunication
than I, but I don't *have* to be right about everything. And mostly I
try to help.

>> Next
>> time you want assistance try to ensure that you copy and paste your
>> examples instead of trying to duplicate them from memory.
>
> Agreed. Fortunately, others got the gist of what I was saying.
>
> Oddly enough, as annoying as it was, your post helped my form, while other
> posters have helped my content. I bet you'd make a good editor.
>
> Cheers,
>
> \~/

Sorry to have annoyed you. I don't always get up people's noses. Glad my
remarks were of at least *some* assistance.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119