generating a tree-like structure

Thorsten Kampe thorsten at thorstenkampe.de
Thu May 31 13:44:34 EDT 2007

Hi,

This is a fairly general question: is there some kind of module or
framework that allows building a tree like structure from certain kind
of data?

To be specific: I have a program that dumps the content of a LDAP
directory including all properties and values and groups the result
from the LDAP search by objClass.

Now I was thinking: would it be possible to generate from the totally
unordered output that the LDAP server gives me, a tree like
representation that displays the hierarchy (omitting the values or
even properties if necessary)?

It should be a textual representation of what you see in GUI programs
like "LDAP Administrator" but the output should be represented like
the "tree" program in Linux or Windows "tree.com".

Any ideas appreciated...

Thorsten