strange PyLint configuration (was: PEP 8 style enforcing program)

Bjoern Schliessmann usenet-mail-0306.20.chr0n0ss at spamgourmet.com
Thu May 31 13:58:09 EDT 2007

Alexander Eisenhuth wrote:

> Pylint is one of them (http://www.logilab.org/857)

BTW: Why does pylint want all names with underscores? I tested it
and it complains about malformed names in e.g. the following cases
that are conformant to PEP 8:

- single letter as parameter
- firstLowerCamelCase names for instances and instance methods in
  class declarations ("should match [a-z_][a-z0-9_]{2,30}$")
- all lowercase method names in class declarations

Those policies are barely usable, IMHO, and neither practical.

LOL, and it rates my code -1.9/10. The minus is no typo.

Regards,

Björn

--
BOFH excuse #291:

Due to the CDA, we no longer have a root account.