Reading a file and resuming reading.

Karim Ali kakeez at hotmail.com
Fri May 25 09:42:23 EDT 2007

Hi,

Simple question. Is it possible in python to write code of the type:

-----------------------------
while not eof  <- really want the EOF and not just an empty line!
    readline by line
end while;

What I am using now is the implicit for loop after a readlines(). I don't
like this at all as a matter of opinion (my background is C++).

But also, in case for one reason or another the program crashes, I want to
be able to rexecute it and for it to resume reading from the same position
as it left. If a while loop like the one above can be implemented I can do
this simply by counting the lines!

I appreciate any help.

Karim