PythonCard thoughts

king kikapu aboudouvas at panafonet.gr
Mon Mar 19 11:17:06 EDT 2007

> Would you please explain more in detail this "Message Watcher" option?
> I use PythonCard from time to time, and I find it very easy to use and
> practical, even considering the small shortcomings you mentioned
> above, but I have no idea of this feature you're talking about..
>
> Regards,
> Luis

Luis, go to File/Run Options and check the third choice called
"Message Watcher", then run your design.
You will then see that every event that is triggered is displayed to
you and when you actually want to see the event that you interested
in,
you just cause it to happen and then it is displayed on the message
watcher event grid.
You then go to your source file and armed with the known notation
(on_controlName_eventName) you write the code.

I copy from the manual of PythonCard:
"The Message Watcher integrates with the wxPython event model to show
you in real time the events that are being triggered when a PythonCard
application is running. It helps determine where the application code
should go and verify that a PythonCard application is operating as
expected."