Squisher -- a lightweight, self-contained alternative to eggs?

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Mon Mar 5 18:12:16 EST 2007

Stef Mientki wrote:

> As a normal Windows user,
>    I'm used to run an install file,
>      and hit just 1 button.
> As a normal Windows programmer,
>    I'm used to create a simple Inno-setup file,
>      and my users can behave as a simplistic and happy Windows user.
>
> But I guess the needed complexity is all thanks to NIX ;-)

"Au contraire, as they say in England." - Steve X. Citement

Most UNIX-based (or at least GNU/Linux or BSD-based) Python users are
likely to have Python provided by their vendor together with a
"constellation" of packages. As long as the software they need is
packaged by their distribution, it's a matter of selecting the package
concerned; other packages upon which the desired software depends will
be installed automatically. You don't usually need to click through
some wizard ("next", "I agree", "next", "next", "next", "next",
"next", "finish"), either.

Paul