Making a non-root daemon process

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Sat Mar 24 04:16:08 EDT 2007

Ben Finney <bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au> writes:

> Hmm. I typed the example program in as a simplified version of what
> I'm doing; but didn't actually *run* it. When I do run it, I get no
> exception, as you say.
>
> Now I'll have to find out what significant difference there is
> between my failing code and this example, and report back in this
> thread.

It turns out that, in re-typing the algorithm in the newsgroup
message, I got all the branches correct; but in the code that wasn't
working, I had reversed one of them :-)

All fine now. We return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

--
 \       "My aunt gave me a walkie-talkie for my birthday. She says if |
  `\     I'm good, she'll give me the other one next year."  -- Steven |