why brackets & commas in func calls can't be ommited? (maybe it could be PEP?)

Jorgen Grahn grahn+nntp at snipabacken.dyndns.org
Fri Mar 23 11:15:52 EDT 2007

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 14:20:42 -0400, Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:
> I'm in danger of getting short-tempered on c.l.py for the first time in
> a long time. If you think that five arguments is an excessive number for
> a function then you live in a world of toy programs.

Or at least in a world where people have good taste and time to Do It
Right(tm).

I personally believe many five-argument methods would be better off
refactored. I killed one today which had fourteen (most of which were
unused).  But I don't pretend that it's always worth the effort of
doing that, in the real world.

/Jorgen

--
  // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@        Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
\X/     snipabacken.dyndns.org>  R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!