Mocking OpenOffice in python?

Carsten Haese carsten at uniqsys.com
Wed Mar 14 09:48:22 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 01:39 -0700, PaoloB wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> during our development, we need to write some unit tests that interact
> with OpenOffice through pyUno.
>
> Is there anyone who has got any experience on it? As OpenOffice is
> quite a large beast, and interaction is rather complex, I would like
> to know if there is someone who is willing to share experience (and,
> possibly, code).

I have some experience with pyuno, but your question is very open-ended.
It would be helpful if you asked specific questions or gave more
background on what kind of interaction you're trying to achieve.

The generic answer to your request for code examples is that there's a
tutorial with example code at
http://udk.openoffice.org/python/python-bridge.html, and then there's
the API documentation at
http://api.openoffice.org/DevelopersGuide/DevelopersGuide.html.