Mastering Python

Jan Danielsson jan.m.danielsson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 10:57:15 EDT 2007

Gerald wrote:
> Hi ,Im a BSc4 Maths/Computer Science student.Unfortunately my
> curriculum did not include Python programming yet I see many vacancies
> for Python developers.I studied programming Pascal,C++ and Delphi.So I
> need to catch up quickly and master Python programming.How do you
> suggest that I achieve this goal?

   1. Chose a project for yourself
   2. Write it

   I needed a distributed white board application for working on a World
Domination Plan with my friends, so I selected that as a good "get to
learn Python" project.

> Is python platform independent?

   Mostly..

> What
> is the best way?And how long would it take before I can develop
> applications using python?

   Depends on your learning skills, and what kind of applications we're
talking about.

--
Kind regards,
Jan Danielsson