Python Source Code Beautifier

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Mar 5 23:55:54 EST 2007

En Mon, 05 Mar 2007 07:07:57 -0300, Alan Franzoni
<alan.franzoni_invalid at geemail.invalid> escribió:

> Il Sat, 03 Mar 2007 17:34:35 +1300, greg ha scritto:
>
>> This was all discussed at *very* great length many
>> years ago, and the addition of in-place operators
>> to the language was held up for a long time until
>> the present compromise was devised. You might not
>> like it, but it's here to stay.
>
> Sure. I'm not a great programmer and I never thought about asking for
> such a removal. I'm sure that there're people smarter and more
> experienced than me out there designing Python, I'm glad I got it and I
> won't use such
> shortcuts on mutable objects in my own programs.

The problem is that other people -not necesarily "smarter and more
experienced" than you- may use those features, and perhaps you have to
read, understand and modify some code written by someone else.
So, you should at least know what "a += b" means, even if you are not
going to use it.

--
Gabriel Genellina