implementing SFTP using Python

kadarla kiran kumar kadarlakiran at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 5 08:48:11 EST 2007

  @Ben Finney

  I have downloaded paramiko-1.6 package, pcrypto 2.0.1 package
  platform: windows XP

  Now Iam trying to run the demo scripts available with paramiko package.
  I have tried using the same system for both cleint(demo_simple.py) and the server(demo_server.py) but it is failing at socket.connect()

  Can you please tell me ..what all i need to setup , to establish a conection between Client and server.

  The log of error , when I run demo_simple:
  ==============================
  Hostname: 10.220.10.15:22
hostnmae: 10.220.10.15 port: 22
Username [KiranKumar_Kadarla]: aditya
Warning: Problem with getpass. Passwords may be echoed.
Password for aditya at 10.220.10.15: hi at 12345
*** Unable to open host keys file
hostname:10.220.10.15 port:22
*** Caught exception: <class 'paramiko.AuthenticationException'>: Authentication failed.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\paramiko-1.6\paramiko-1.6\demos\demo_simple.py", line 85, in <module>
    t.connect(username=username, password=password, hostkey=hostkey)
  File "C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\paramiko\transport.py", line 851, in connect
    self.auth_password(username, password)
  File "C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\paramiko\transport.py", line 1012, in auth_password
    return self.auth_handler.wait_for_response(my_event)
  File "C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\paramiko\auth_handler.py", line 174, in wait_for_response
    raise e
AuthenticationException: Authentication failed.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\paramiko-1.6\paramiko-1.6\demos\demo_simple.py", line 102, in <module>
    sys.exit(1)
SystemExit: 1

  THANKS IN ADVANCE
  K. KIRAN KUMAR

kadarla kiran kumar writes:

> I have to implement SFTP conection from client to the server using
> Python script. Iam very new new to python , and i dont't have much
> time to complete this. So I need some pointers from you.

You will probably want to investigate the "paramiko" package, a
pure-Python implementation of the SSH2 protocol.