help developing an editor to view openoffice files.

krishnakant Mane researchbase at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 01:03:35 EDT 2007

hello,
well what I exactly need to do is firstly have a way to read .odt and
.ods files.
I have a lot of information in open office format which I need to access.
The most important thing is that I completely want to avoid the use of
microsoft office.
so I need to firstly get access to open office documents through a
python module that can read and parse those documents and may be
convert it to html and display in some kind of an html/ text area may
be wxpython can help?
secondly I want to edit those documents may be in html format and then
when I say sayve it should save the changes back to .odt with the
formatting information.
can this be made possible?
thanks and regards,
Krishnakant.