Auto execute python in USB flash disk

kyosohma at gmail.com kyosohma at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 13:25:09 EDT 2007

On Mar 27, 11:56 am, "Brian Erhard" <theema... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am still fairly new to python and wanted to attempt a home made
> password protection program.  There are files that I carry on a USB
> flash drive that I would like to password protect.  Essentially, I
> would like to password protect an entire directory of files.  Is there
> a way to auto execute a python script after a user double clicks to
> open a folder on the USB drive? How can you capture that double click
> event on a specific folder?
>
> Thanks.

I've never done this before, but it sounds cool. You would need to
create some kind of python file object to do this properly. So instead
of actually clicking a folder, you would click a pickled file or
something. I found some cool info about encrypting files here:

http://www.methods.co.nz/python/

There's also a python cryptography kit: http://www.amk.ca/python/writing/pycrypt/

Finally, I found a fellow python programmer that wrote his own:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2006-April/378510.html

There's also PortablePython...

Enjoy!

Mike