New to Python

Dustan DustanGroups at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 09:01:43 EDT 2007

On Mar 12, 5:07 am, "Alberto Monteiro" <albm... at centroin.com.br>
wrote:
> I wrote:
>
> >> Hi, I am new to Python, how stupid can be the questions I ask?
>
> >> For example, how can I add (mathematically) two tuples?
> >> x = (1,2)
> >> y = (3,4)
> >> How can I get z = (1 + 3, 2 + 4) ?
>
> Wow, I really didn't expect that my silly little newbie question
> would get so many _different_ answers!
>
> What is the best way to get documentation about the functions
> and classes of python? I tried to google, but usually I can just
> find the __doc__ of the objects, without examples or anything that
> can help me use it.
>
> Alberto Monteiro

Refer to this as a reference:
http://docs.python.org/

It includes a tutorial and documentation on the functions and classes
in all the global modules, as well as builtin functions (http://
docs.python.org/lib/built-in-funcs.html) and syntax. If you have prior
experience with programming, you may be able to learn python from the
tutorial, but otherwise, I would highly recommend you get a good book
for beginners on python (http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonBooks);
there's plenty of them out there.