Private data

Bruno Desthuilliers bruno.42.desthuilliers at wtf.websiteburo.oops.com
Mon Mar 19 08:31:25 EDT 2007

Dustan a écrit :
> On Mar 19, 4:09 am, Bruno Desthuilliers <bruno.
> 42.desthuilli... at wtf.websiteburo.oops.com> wrote:
>> Dustan a écrit :
>>
>>> http://dustangroups.googlepages.com/privateattributesinpython
>>> This is something that I just threw together this morning, after a
>>> eureka moment. It's a way of creating private class attributes
(snip)
>>> 1. Has anyone else ever come up with something like this? I can't
>>> imagine I'm the only person who's ever thought of this.
>> With something like trying to forcefit access restriction in Python ?
>> Nope, you're not the first one here. I've not seen anyone using such a
>> thing in any of the projects I've worked on/with yet.
>
> You ignored certain parts of my post, like "I'm not considering
> actually using this, but I do have a couple questions about it"; I
> assume that means you're not even going to begin to attempt to answer
> my queries. Likewise, you ignored a similar message on the page I
> linked to. I already knew about everything you told me.
>
> With all this active ignoring, I get the feeling you're not even
> trying to respond to my questions. So why respond in the first place?
> Were you trying to be hostile?
 >
> Because I can't see any other intent
> for your post.

I didn't missed the "I'm not considering actually using this" part, but
I missed the note on the page - and I apologize if you felt offended by
my remarks, which were effectivly a bit on the reactive side. Still
there was an implied question : *why* trying to implement access
restriction in Python ?