Cheeseshop needs mirrors

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Fri Mar 30 06:13:08 EDT 2007

On 30 Mar, 09:05, "Jon" <chai... at gmail.com> wrote:

> If something as widely used as eggs is going to have a single point of
> failure like the Cheeseshop, we can't have it going down.
>
> I'm sure there are other solutions, but my suggestion is simply to
> have mirrors. It works for Debian, after all.

It was said that the setuptools stuff could work with simple package
index sites using static Web pages, and these could be mirrors of the
main package index, but I suppose it's time once again to remind
anyone wanting to reinvent package/dependency-management tools to take
another look at what's already been done in the domain. As you say, it
works for Debian.

Paul