How to update DNS record

Martin P. Hellwig mhellwig at xs4all.nl
Thu Mar 1 12:50:15 EST 2007

Andi Clemens wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to update our DNS servers periodically with some IP addresses. But I
> don't know how to do this.
> I searched the Internet quite a while but I haven't found a good example how
> to do this.
> I want to change the A-Record for some IPs, this shouldn't be too hard.
> I looked at dnspython and twisted, but I really don't have a clue how to do
> this.
> Has anyone done this before?
>
> Andi

I'll looked at the perl function you mentioned and it seems to me (but
I'm not a pearl coder) that it uses the dynamic update procedure, which
is explained by the RFC 2136 (Bjoern mentioned that already).

So I googled for "Python DNS dynamic update" and in the results the
following site looked promising, http://www.dnspython.org/.

hth

--
mph